I huge billboard has appeared in downtown Denver near the capitol, that says "Imagine No Religion". It is sponsored by the freedom from religion foundation. My first reaction was "If 85% of Americans believe in some sort of religion, then why do we let such a minority constantly have such a big voice?" I thought we should put 8 billboards around their billboard that are "Pro Religion". Then as I was sitting in church on Sunday I was thinking about those people who put up that billboard. Most likely they had a negative experience with Christianity or people who claimed to be Christians at any rate. You don't just take up a fight with someone who hasn't done anything to you. If we as Christians treat them with love and show that we love them no matter what they do maybe that will trun their hearts. I think putting up other billboards would just fuel their fire and hate and make them want to do even more.
I hear that today there is a call to have Christians go and take communiion on the steps of all the capitol buildings. I have mixed feelings about that. Won't it just make the anti-religion people more angry? Doesn't it just say, "Here's what I think about your separation of church and state, I'm practicing religion at this state government building." Yet, don't we need to let the government officials know how we feel. Maybe we could do so less publicly though.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good food for thought. I agree. It's good to see things from various perspectives.
Post a Comment