Thursday, September 11, 2008

Election

With the Presidential election looming we hear so much about abortion vs anti-abortion and gay marriage. It seems that more and more people don't feel too strongly about these issues anymore. They are more worried about the economy or the war, but I wonder what the most important issues are to God. I happen to be reading in the Old Testament in Kings and there is story after story of kings who would do things that would anger God and then God punishing that kingdom and the King especially. I wish that our potential leaders would read through the Old Testament and see what God thought of the different leaders. All of the leaders at least claim to be Christians of some nature, but I hope they let God rule their hearts instead of the people. Lead this country with prayer! Ask God for direction, I beg of you!
And on the subject of the economy, my preacher said something that I just loved. If you are really hurting financially, are you giving to God? If he can't trust you with the money you have, why would he give you anymore? God said give as you have received and you will be blessed. He said "Test me on this!"

No comments: