Thursday, July 31, 2008

Plant A Seed

I just happened to stumble upon a website that belonged to the little sister of a guy a used to date in high school. I had dated her brother for a year and a half and was so disappointed because he never became a Christian. I always felt like I should have somehow been a better steward of Christ to him because a year and a half is a long time to be in someone's life like that and not make a difference.

At any rate, I think God had me stumble upon this website for a reason. Her website had so many references to Jesus and how he was at work in her life. She talked about her faith and how much she loves God. I was amazed because she did not grow up in a Christian family! She mentioned on her website that she left home because her father was verbally abusive and she went to live with family that loved her in NC. That "family" was her brother and his family.

So, I am reminded that sometimes all you can do is "plant the seed" of Christ in someone's heart and eventually that seed can blossom and grow.

No comments: